If you’re a traveler in search of natural hot springs, lush hiking trails, and jaw dropping scenery, Southern Chile has it all and more. Here are the top 5 tips for booking an Airbnb in Southern Chile.
- Don’t neglect the winter cabin. Even though southern Chile gloats of a subtropical climate, don’t ignore how beautiful a stay near the mountains can be. The town of Chillán becomes a winter wonderland offering some of the best ski spots in Southern Chile. Even in the most tropical of locations, I have seen at least a page worth of “cabin in the woods” near every city.
- Treat yourself. Living like a Latin American princess can be more than just a dream. Southern Chile offers beautiful laps of luxury to be lived in. If the price is steeper than a Valparaiso hill- bring friends! There’s enough royalty to go around especially when you split the bill.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate. With Airbnb growing exponentially almost overnight, there is competition everywhere and it is up to you to be aware of it. If the 2 bedroom apartment you’re considering is $20 more/day than its twin two blocks away, mention it to your host. If your bargaining skills are on point you may strike a deal.
- Don’t be afraid to spend. On the flip side of bargaining, don’t be afraid to spend money especially when there is a considerable amount of value. An Airbnb host is renting their entire home to you – chances are they have all you need.
- Be in touch. Communication is vital to a successful Airbnb booking. When your Airbnb host responds to your 15 bullet layout of questions it’s important to be courteous and respond quickly. Airbnb looks out for you wherever you travel, its important to be a helpful member of the community whether your booking a room or deciding not to.
Once all the stress of booking accommodation is over and done with, it’s time to relax and think about enjoying yourself in this beautiful part of the world. To give yourself an idea of what you’d like to get up to in Southern Chile, check out this excellent varied selection of activities here!
Discover more with TheBesty App! Ski slopes to hot springs, and everything in between, Airbnb offers plenty of listings in your desired destination – and your destination offer a lot to do. Get TheBesty App for free in the App Store or on Google Play, and have a personal concierge in your pocket for your trip that will answer your questions in a live chat, or help you book tours, activities, and local experiences.