Santiago, Chile is a desirable destination for all types of travelers, and Airbnb is just as versatile in what it offers as this booming capital city. Before you book your stay, here are the top 5 tips for booking an Airbnb in Santiago, Chile.
- Checkout all your options. Yes, there may be 300 listings of Airbnbs that you’ve reduced to 100 after customizing your needs, but you should review them all or have a buddy help you filter through them. It’s important to check out all your listings so you can find the best deal or even something unique. Don’t sell yourself short.
2. Discover the Barrios. Santiago has quite a few neighborhoods. Here I have discussed a few of the best of them. Each neighborhood has it’s own style and commodities, figure out which one suits you and enter that specific neighborhood into your Airbnb search bar. Now that’s location specific!
3. Reviews and ratings, every Airbnb host has ’em. They are the best tool to use on the website. They tell you the past experiences of previous guests and how they would rate the overall home, location, safety, and several other noteworthy variables. Also be sure to do your part and review and rate your Airbnb host after your stay. This is a trusted community that you are now a part of.
Once all the stress of booking accommodation is over and done with, it’s time to relax and think about enjoying yourself in this incredible country. To give yourself an idea of what you’d like to get up to in Chile, check out this excellent varied selection of activities here.
4. Communicate with a couple hosts. Reach out to a few of your potential Airbnb hosts with your questions. This is a good chance to discover who is going to be available to you when it comes time to be a guest. It can also help build a trusting relationships for repeat bookings in the future.
5. Set your expectations. Be reasonable and know exactly what you’re getting when communicating with your Airbnb host. Do not expect a continental breakfast, and if they list a tub, do not settle for just a standing shower. This is why number 4 is also very important. These top 5 tips for booking an Airbnb in Santiago, Chile will ensure your stay is exactly as you planned it.
More to discover with TheBesty App! Bay side or bungalow, and everything in between, Airbnb offers plenty of listings in your desired destination. Get TheBesty App for free in the App Store or on Google Play, and have a personal concierge in your pocket for your trip that will answer your questions in a live chat, or help you book tours, activities, and local experiences.